# Connecting to the Robot
- Turn on the robot by following the instructions here.
- Turn on your computer and wait until you reach the Windows desktop.
- Click on the WiFi icon in the bottom right and connect to
YYYYis the competition year and
XXis your team number.
- Navigate to http://robot.go in your web browser of choice (Chrome or Firefox is recommended). You should see an interface similar to this:
From now on, this will be referred to as the Shepherd Homepage.
- If you want to upload and run existing code, follow the Uploading and Running Code tutorial
- If you want to write Python code or use the Scratch-like interface, follow the Using the Editor tutorial